ProSource Wholesale is a membership retail business for trade professionals. Although the business had a very strong brick-and-mortar business model, they have struggled to find success with technology projects. Most notably, their customer’s experience on their ecommerce website was inconsistent with the experience the customer’s had in the brick-and-mortar showrooms. Our goal was to identify the strengths of the offline showrooms, and replicate that experience on the web.
- Conducted interviews with key stakeholders of the organization to determine information architecture priority, structure and program importance.
- Defined the needs for the project utilizing user stories, development planning, and milestone tracking.
- Planned a development schedule & underwent months of coding and quality assurance testing.
- Created a content strategy plan for all digital efforts.
- Designed a web-based product that allows multiple user types to create a shared workspace to manage home improvement projects.
- Designed and built a software prototype using Bootstrap, Grunt and AngularJS.
- Designed and built an iOS prototype using XCode.
- Built a front-end automated testing process using Selenium.
- Built an interactive browser plugin that allowed customers to collect content from third-party websites including Houzz, Home Depot, and more.
- Created a professional design with prominent calls to action to contact on every page for multiple user types.
- Optimized the site for search engine crawlers by targeting the site content into easy to sort and search code using HTML5 and the Open Graph Protocol.
- Developed product catalog for thousands of items.
- Designed new marketing website.
- Developed robust technical system specifications for in-house development team.
Tools and Technology